Friday, June 24, 2011

Mixed-Media Creations For My Home

I love to paint with watercolors. And, although I've been painting on and off for many years, I'm NOT always happy with the results. Painting takes patience, sometimes I'm impulsive and paint in a hurry! There are times when I can do a painting in 30 minutes, others I work on for days only to reach a disappointing outcome. So, instead of wasting valuable watercolor paper, paint and time, I decided not to throw away the paintings, but use them to create something new. The pears, flowers and peaches to follow were paintings I worked on but was not too happy with.
I hadn't painted in a while and decided to practice. Hmmmm...




This was from a large watercolor of flowers that didn't turn out as planned.

Peaches that didn't work out so well.



The painting below started out as a pretty field of poppies. But after painting and painting and painting, it just wasn't right. So, I cut out the areas I liked, added a little ink and a smaller frame.
Poppies


Here's another one. Started out as a field of flowers, Lavender I think. Loved the original sketch and the 1st few washes of color-but once again, I over worked it. So, I tore out a square, put it on decorative paper, added some ribbon, wire, etc. Now I have a mixed-media piece!
Garden

Not sure what the pears, flowers and peaches will be used for yet. I'll just keep them around until something inspires me.  I hope you enjoyed my recreations! I look forward to seeing everyone's creations today at:

Boogie Board Cottage for Masterpiece Monday
Debbiedoo's Newbie Party
Between Naps On The Porch for Metamorphosis Monday
Home Savvy for Savvy HomeMade Monday

Have a good day!
-Lynn

8 comments:

Olga Poltava said...

Wow, you are lucky to have such wonderful talent.
It would be a pity to throw away those painted fruits and flowers, but you found a wonderful and creative way to bring them back to life. I love your "Garden" piece.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Lynn,

Your artwork is so beautiful, I love the pears
they would be awesome in a country kitchen!
I'm happy to be following you now too! Can't wait to see what else you will create...
Have a great weekend!
All the Best,
Christine

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your pictures. You are so lucky to be so talented. I am artistically challenged. Must buy all artwork as it would not be pretty if I had to display something I actually painted.

Claudia said...

You have such a lovely painting style - you're talented!

xo
Claudia

Dandelion and Daisy said...

Isn't playing with paper and glue fun? Your results are so free and design-e, the ultimate upcycle for a painting you don't like.

Debbiedoos said...

How beautiful! You are so talented. I love the vibrant colors too. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party. You may want to turn of word verification too...you don't need it, and if people make a mistake typing they leave.

Erin of HomeSavvyAtoZ.com said...

Wow! These are gorgeous! You need to keep painting... no more "off." Ha ha. I would love for you to link your work up at my Savvy HomeMade Monday blog party at

http://www.homesavvyatoz.com/2011/07/28/savvy-homemade-monday-party-1/

Looking forward to blogging with you!

People Who Know Me Would Say: said...

You wrote that the daffodils didn't turn out right....but they look like perfection!!