Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Perspective

My flowers are looking a bit weary. The extreme Summer heat and lack of rain has taken it's toll. With that in mind, I thought I'd look at the garden from a different perspective.


 Sometimes we need to stop...


and take a closer look to see the beauty.


You can find it in unexpected places.


If you take the time to see


the texture of a leaf or a rock,


or a splash of color.


Take the time to look beyond the beautiful flowers.
Have a wonderful day!
-Lynn

I am linking to:
Fishtail Cottage for Cottage Flora Thursday

9 comments:

Larry said...

Truer words have never been spoken! L

Town and Country Gals said...

Lynn,
Your photos are lovely! Evey once in a while, we all need to stop and enjoy the beauty around us! Thanks for visiting so I could find you! I'm your newest follower and will be visiting often!
Rebecca

Town and Country Gals said...

Lynn,
Sorry about the confusion in the above comment, it's really late here and I didn't have on my glasses, is that a good excuse, or how about, I've been on the compter so long I've gone compter mad? Yeah, I like that one the best! Thanks again for the sweet comment.
Rebecca

Lynn said...

Great pics, everything looks like it's still very happy-enjoy:@)

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Your garden looks lovely!! The heat here..Texas..has been unbearable, I have to water something every day and still I'm losing plants. My japanese maple lost all it's leaves but I'm hoping it will come back.

I'm your newest follower and I will be back to visit!

Meine Dinge Franka said...

Wish your garden every night a little splash of rain!

:-)
Franka

Barbara Rosenzweig said...

Your photos are stunning, Lynn!! I especially love the water drops on the Japanese Maple leaves.

deb said...

Beautiful!!
*hugs*deb

My Little Home and Garden said...

You are quite right! I enjoyed reading your thoughts.