Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back To Healthy

Wow, now that the holidays are over it's time to get back on track. 
No more cookies staring from the dining room table, no excuses to bake cheesecakes!
And, back to the gym on a regular basis!
So here's an easy, healthy meal that we all love.

Chicken & Whole Grain Salad



Chopped Romaine


5 grams protein per 1/2 cup



Sauted & Seasoned Skinless Chicken Breast



Chicken & Whole Grain Salad


1 Head Of Romaine Lettuce, washed and chopped
2 Cups Cooked Royal Blend Whole Grain (Texmati Brown & Wild Rice with Soft Wheat & Rye)
4 Sauted Cubed Chicken Breasts
2 Roasted Red Peppers-sautee your own or use from a jar
1 Cup Grated Cheese
1/2 Cup Jalapeno Peppers, chopped
Hot Taco Sauce Or Salsa-or medium or mild, whatever you prefer
Light Sour Cream-dollop on each salad-optional

Serves 4
Add lettuce to plates and add listed ingredients.


Happy Healthy Eating!
-Lynn

10 comments:

Cindy said...

Your salad recipe sounds wonderful, I have never heard of that rice/grain mixture, it sounds wonderfully delicious to me.
Hugs, Cindy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your salad looks delicious Lynn. I need to get back to healthy eating.
Have a great weekend.
Barb

Olga Poltava said...

Looks great!
I almost got back to healthy, but today I couldn't help it and bought a cheesecake ;-)

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

Hi Lynn,

Yes to healthy eating. I love salads and yours looks delicious with a kick! I will be making it.

Thanks so much,
Dee

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh this is right up my alley. I am saving it right now. Just bought a big package of chicken breasts.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Lynn,
Oh, a healthy recipe does the body good...this looks delicious!
I will have to try it...
Thank you for sharing.
Have a great weekend...
All the Best,
Christine

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

That looks like a healthy and delicious way to start the new year!

My Little Home and Garden said...

That does look tasty and, with the chicken, it would have some "staying power". I find myself wanting to eat a lot of salads these days, no doubt to compensate for all the heavy holiday fare. I hope the new year treats you well, Lynn.

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Lynn,

This looks totally delicious!! And what great pics--WOW!!!
XO
Cindy

The Sweet Details said...

Hello! If you haven't noticed already I featured you on Savory Sunday this week. Have a good one, and thanks for sharing!