Friday, March 14, 2014

Pasta, Scallops, Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomatoes-Simple

This meal is so simple! 
Who doesn't like that?
I don't really plan meals ahead of time,
but I make sure to keep my kitchen stocked with all things healthy and tasty.
That makes it easy to whip up dinner in no time.




Pasta, Scallops, Broccoli & Sun Dried Tomatoes

Pasta, 1 lb. box, I used Barilla White Fiber Spaghetti
Sea Scallops, 1 lb.-saute in olive oil
Broccoli, 2 cups-saute in olive oil
Sun Dried Tomatoes-I used about 6 large slices and sniped them into small pieces
Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed, I used 1 whole large lemon
Kosher Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Garlic Powder, to taste
Olive Oil

I usually chop my broccoli and cut up the sun dried tomatoes first, then set aside. Prepare pasta according to instructions on the box. While the pasta is cooking I saute the broccoli, add salt and garlic powder to taste. Then I put the broccoli in a large bowl, one which will hold all the ingredients. Toss snipped sun dried tomatoes in with the broccoli. Rinse scallops well and pat dry with paper towel, saute for about 1 1/2 minutes per side. I add a little salt to the scallops. Toss in with broccoli and tomatoes. When Pasta is done drain and add to bowl. ( I reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water and add to bowl.) Combine ingredients, add salt and pepper, drizzle with olive oil until lightly coated and squeeze lemon over dish and give another toss.
Simple, quick and healthy!


Enjoy!

-Lynn


Today I'm Joining:

4 comments:

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

That does look yummy! I will use zucchini pasta instead to make this great dish :-)

My Little Home and Garden said...

That does sound good, Lynn. (Also, I like the white dish.)

Karen

Anonymous said...

Lynn,
This looks delicious! I love sun dried tomatoes in pasta, and I also love seafood.
Aida@TheCraftingFoodie

Miz Helen said...

Hi Lynn,
This is a beautiful dish and I love the addition of the Sun Dried Tomatoes, great recipe. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen