Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Getting A Jump On Holiday Creations!

I know! I know! It's only September!
And, it's 93 degrees today.
Truth is, I was cleaning out my art closet and ran across this little basket that happens to have a few ornaments in it. I started to think, when should I start posting holiday items on Etsy?
(I actually posted a few already-too soon?!)
Last year I don't think I posted anything, time got away from me and the next thing you know the holidays were here!
This basket is more of a reminder that I should be working on my creations now.
I did plan to make my ornaments in September, and now September is here.
So, I guess it's time to get to work.



 These are ornaments I'm making for my own tree this year. I was thinking about a blue and white theme-something very simple. Usually I decorate with pinecones and things found in nature. This year I'd like to do something different.




 I love using these small glass balls and various materials. The light blue ornaments are decorated with tissue and glitter. The white one is glitter alone. I think I'll make more of these and also use little white lights on the tree. 






So sorry to post about the holidays already! I promise I'll hold off posting about Christmas until Halloween and Thanksgiving have past. 

When do you start creating for the holidays?

Guess I'm tired of stressing and doing things under pressure. I told myself this year would be different. Isn't it better to start early and enjoy the process? Isn't that what it's all about?

Would love to hear from you!

Have a great day :)
-Lynn 

3 comments:

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

Beautiful ornaments, I love the color.

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

So glad to see you back, Lynn. Sometimes I think I need a long break too :) I loved your ornaments and those sketches below are wonderful! Love the chicken!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Lynn, I think you enjoy creating more if you are relaxed and not under pressure. Now is the time to get them listed in etsy. People start thinking about what they want to do for Christmas and start to explore the internet and see what's out there. I love the color and the sparkle will be fabulous! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann