Friday, September 25, 2015

Paper Christmas Tree Tutorial

Yes-it's not even Halloween and I'm posting Christmas trees!
Well, as I said in an earlier post-I'm trying to get a jump on the holidays.
A while back I posted some pretty paper trees, which you can view here:
Today I thought I'd show you how to make a simple, twisted tissue paper tree.


Start with a paper cone any size you'd like. I use 100 lb. Bristol, but use any sturdy paper or bendable cardboard. Make a paper cone and tape to secure-I use a lot of tape.


Once you've made your cone, cut long strips of your favorite color tissue paper. Today I chose blue because it's my favorite color and I think my Christmas colors this year are going to be blue and white.
Begin a twist and tape the beginning to the cone starting at the bottom. Continue loosely or tightly twisting while wrapping around the cone. At the end of the twist tape to the cone or I have done this with hot glue. Your choice. Make sure the ends are hidden.


Then my favorite part-add some glitter.
Today, I chose sliver.


With a paint brush add glue to sections and sprinkle on glitter.
I brush along a twist and add glitter a little at a time.
Voila!


A sparkling Christmas tree.


This one is very simple. 
I like to make all different colors, sizes and shapes-tall and skinny, short and stout.
Then I arrange them on my dining room table or mantel during the holidays.
Experiment with different papers, glitters, etc.
 It's your own creation.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.
And, I'd love to see what you've created.

Happy creating!

1 comment:

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

Beautiful idea and so easy to coordinate with your decor!